Re: NetBSD pkgsrc function

"David N. Welton" wrote:

> Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp> writes:
>
> > So it might be not so bad to introduce port-like system into Debian.
>
> It's a neat idea, and it does have some cool aspects.  It's more
> advanced than 'apt-get source ....' because it checks dependencies
> (like we do for binary packages), and the system functions as a tree -
> you can rebuild everything with 'make world'.

'ports collection' <http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/ports.html>
or
'make world' <http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/makeworld.html>
seems to be one of the most attractive function of BSD.
A lot of my BSD friend guys always told me that they like Debian,
but more perferred with BSD because of BSD's 'make world' function,
but in case if Debian decide to support ports/make_world then they
may leave BSD and join Debian...
So how about;
- to establish debian-ports project
- to setup mailing list of debian-ports project
- to announce debian-ports project establishment to both linux and
  BSD world
Any comments?
--
Noka, Shigekazu <noka@md.neweb.ne.jp>