Re: NetBSD pkgsrc function

Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp> writes:

> So it might be not so bad to introduce port-like system into Debian.

It's a neat idea, and it does have some cool aspects.  It's more
advanced than 'apt-get source ....' because it checks dependencies
(like we do for binary packages), and the system functions as a tree -
you can rebuild everything with 'make world'.

It's worth trying out for those who haven't.  I still prefer apt, but
it's always good to see a new point of view on things.

If someone wants to work on integrating this into Debian, the best
thing to do is build a working model and then try and get it included.

--
David N. Welton
     Personal:           http://www.efn.org/~davidw/