Re: object-oriented C programming

[ Evan Prodromou writes ]

>     PB> Which is what object oriented programming is all about!
>
> Actually, most OO people would tell you that the code you wrote is
> object-BASED. They make the distinction that object ORIENTATION
> requires support for -inheritance-, also.

Yeah yeah, I know, no inheritance, no polymorphism, blah blah blah. I know.

I could care less :-)

The most useful, innovative feature of all of the OOP movement, is proper
object encapsulation.

[which is a large reason why C++ gets laughed at in die-hard OOP circles]

The rest of it is mostly just to help programmers avoid retyping extra
code. :-)