Re: long term goals of debian membership

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 06:10:43PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> I'm impressed. Usually it's the not-have's that will fight this thinking
> the most :)

As long as someone else mentioned, I'd like to agree. I'm not a developer,
and I don't think the way to make Debian good is to let me (or anyone else)
with inferior skills become a developer. I have my own APT archive of my
own software (not posting it because I'm not advertising), I give it to
people that ask, and I'm proud of it. But I don't think I'm good enough for
full membership, nor do I need it for any reason if I did feel I was good
enough, it would just be a convenience.

That's something I like about Debian. There's a maintainer, who distributes
.debs in a simple manner (APT) on his/her own, and then there's a Maintainer,
who knows exactly what he/she's doing. And to the end-user, there's really
no difference, but it's because of the difference that Debian is a better
distribution.
--
- Joe "piman" Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net> - http://www.sacredchao.net
  He who fights and runs away lives to run another day.               -><-