Re: sawfish 0.33.1 broken?

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 12:16:20AM +0100, Christian Marillat <marillat.christian@wanadoo.fr> was heard to say:
> >> Well we can do that automatically. This is the bad point.
>
> DB>   I don't understand what the problem with it is, though.  Could you explain
> DB> it more clearly?  Redefining apps-menu seemed to work fine for me afterwards,
> DB> but I'm sure you had a reason for disabling this.
>
> How to add menus entries for each user automatically ?
>
> Can you imagine a user to add 20 or 30 entries in his .sawfishrc ?
>
> I just want a simple method.

  Huh?  You've lost me totally.  I mean..if a user wants to add entries to
his/her menu, it's necessary to either:
 (a) add them in .sawfishrc,
 (b) create local Debian menu entries (I think in ~/.menu) and run
   update-menus, or
 (c) use the Gnome menus (ick)

  I don't see how removing option (b) (or rather, disabling it by default)
makes things easier on the user..

  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|                           We are Debian of Borg.                            |