Re: EPIC packages update - please!

> On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 10:32:12PM +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > I couldn't help but notice that the EPIC4 package is hopelessly outdated.
> > The version is 0.9.6, while the current version is 0.9.9, with an important
> > fix - if this fix is not included (it has come from the upstream author, but
> > no new release as yet), it will make certain scripts (such as Light, which I
> > am packaging now) crash when they finish a DCC. I'm in the NM queue at the
> > moment, so I can't really do anything, buuuuttt ...
>
> There's a reason for this.  The current breakage in epic is actually in
> lice.  Lice has not YET been fixed upstream and the effort required to fix
> it is more than I have time for.  Froggie's gone AWOL for the time being
> because he can't actually even connect to Efnet.  He's apparently in
> search of a Real Life at the moment, so I don't know what'll happen with
> Lice in the future at this time.

Do we understand each other? Apparently not.
I'm not talking about lice.
I'm talking about Light. Totally different thing to lice.
Discard all thoughts of lice from your mind.
As you might be aware, certain things cause EPIC to crash on finishing a
DCC, and to accept a DCC, but immediately drop the connection. There is a
patch floating around, it was submitted by hop to ircii-epic, if you don't
have it, I do. Please at least apply this patch or move to at least 0.9.9 or
0.9.10 or something. Remember, they may suck, but 0.9.6 does too, and better
to have the version which has attempted to fix all this shit.