Re: EPIC packages update - please!

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 10:32:12PM +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> I couldn't help but notice that the EPIC4 package is hopelessly outdated.
> The version is 0.9.6, while the current version is 0.9.9, with an important
> fix - if this fix is not included (it has come from the upstream author, but
> no new release as yet), it will make certain scripts (such as Light, which I
> am packaging now) crash when they finish a DCC. I'm in the NM queue at the
> moment, so I can't really do anything, buuuuttt ...

There's a reason for this.  The current breakage in epic is actually in
lice.  Lice has not YET been fixed upstream and the effort required to fix
it is more than I have time for.  Froggie's gone AWOL for the time being
because he can't actually even connect to Efnet.  He's apparently in
search of a Real Life at the moment, so I don't know what'll happen with
Lice in the future at this time.

The latest versions of epic (0.9.11 is current) are "evil", as described
upstream.  Intentionally so - they've got some code to try and track down
bugs in 0.9.9 which I have not yet noticed in 0.9.6.  A new epic will have
to wait until I have reason to believe that I won't be breaking what's in
Debian even more than the current mess with lice already has.

I _AM_ following both issues with upstream maintainers and will upload
fixes as soon as I reasonably can.

<Culus> Hhhmmmmmmmm
<Culus> waterbeds for cows
<Culus> eleet
<cas> Culus: why would a cow need a waterbed?
<Culus> cas:  To be comfy warm