Re: Craig Sanders

Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> writes:

> since you're being deliberately thick (committing the serious crime of
> being gratuitously stupid in a public place) i'll point out the slander:
>
> "what do we do when Craig does [.......]".
>
> note the "when", not "if".

I'm sorry, I understood you to be talking about for forwarding your
email and not this quote.  Thanks for making it more clear.

I actually did look through the BTS to see if you had spewed vitriol
at users, and I will gladly report that of the few messages I found,
none of them were disrespectful.

I don't think that's stable however; I said "when" because I was
making an implicit prediction about future behavior.  That's not
slander, which is about telling an intentional untruth.  Certainly, as
a prediction of future behavior, it might be false.  I hope so.  But
it's not unlikely, in my opinion, and it's reasonable to wonder about
it.

However, one could easily put this to rest.  Would you promise never
to send such vitriol to a user of Debian in your capacity as a
developer?

And, if so, I'd ask a second question: if you would be willing to
promise to bridle your tongue in dealing with users, why not in
dealing with other developers or potential volunteers for the Project?

Thomas