Re: task-kde broken

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 12:28:35PM +0200, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> However, bugs against ftp.debian.org about the need to process a package in
> Incoming won't do any good.  We get around to the package when we do, bug
> report or no bug report, and we most likely forget to close the bug when we do
> get around to it.  You see, we get the list of packages needing manual
> processing from REPORT or from a custom script scanning Incoming.  We don't
> need bug reports telling us that a package needs processing; these kind of bugs
> merely elevate our blood pressure.

Bugs against a package about the need to process some other package in
Incoming don't do any good.  The package maintainer has no real power to
expedite the process, bug report or no bug report, and may forget to close
the bug when the archive maintainers do get around to it.  Package
maintainers don't need bug reports telling us that a package needs
processing; these kind of bugs merely elevate our blood pressure.

Bottom line?

DON'T FILE BUGS ABOUT THIS KIND OF PROBLEM.  DAVID A. GREENE, THIS MEANS YOU.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |
Debian GNU/Linux                |      Music is the brandy of the damned.