Re: task-kde broken

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Branden Robinson wrote:

> If people's reactions to my XF4-dependent X task packages are any
> indication, you file a critical bug against the task package itself, even
> though there's nothing the task package or its maintainer can do to fix the
> problem...

Nothing?  I find that hard to believe.

> Being clueless and hysterical seems to work for most people these days...

Excuse me, if packages don't work, why _shouldn't_ bugs be filed
against them?  Personally, I also was surprised that my X server
was not upgrades when I went to 4.0.1.  I only found out how to
fix it by searching through /usr/doc.  I don't think I'm clueless
or hysterical.

And task-kde is still broken, BTW.  kdetoys and kdegames still
depend on liblcms.  I was told by the maintainer that everything
is ok because "it's in incoming."  Well, it's been in incoming
for 24 hours.  How does one go about getting stuff off of incoming?
I can't find docs on that anywhere.

                                       -Dave