Re: task-kde broken

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 06:11:29PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Excuse me, if packages don't work because of administrative issues in the
> > Debian archive, why should a package maintainer be held responsible for
> > problems he is powerless to resolve?
>
> A bug report is not "holding responsible", it's just a bug report.  If
> the maintainer thinks the bug is elsewhere, he should forward it.

Which is what I did.  But it helps if people file the bug against the right
package in the first place.  In the cases discussed in this thread, the
right "package" is ftp.debian.org.

It's maddening to keep getting these bug reports and having to reassign
them again and again.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |   A great work of art has never caused any
Debian GNU/Linux                |   social problems.  Social problems are