Re: task-kde broken

On 20001108T232200-0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> Which is what I did.  But it helps if people file the bug against the right
> package in the first place.  In the cases discussed in this thread, the
> right "package" is ftp.debian.org.

However, bugs against ftp.debian.org about the need to process a package in
Incoming won't do any good.  We get around to the package when we do, bug
report or no bug report, and we most likely forget to close the bug when we do
get around to it.  You see, we get the list of packages needing manual
processing from REPORT or from a custom script scanning Incoming.  We don't
need bug reports telling us that a package needs processing; these kind of bugs
merely elevate our blood pressure.

speaking for myself only, but with my ftpmaster hat on :-)