Re: task-kde broken

On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 07:06:29AM -0500, David A. Greene wrote:
> > Being clueless and hysterical seems to work for most people these days...
>
> Excuse me, if packages don't work, why _shouldn't_ bugs be filed
> against them?

Excuse me, if packages don't work because of administrative issues in the
Debian archive, why should a package maintainer be held responsible for
problems he is powerless to resolve?

The real fix is for dinstall to scan dependencies of packages in incoming,
and to not install them if their dependencies can't be met within the
archive.  Feel free to write code to implement this.

> Personally, I also was surprised that my X server was not upgrades when I
> went to 4.0.1.

It would be if you would use the "broken" task packages that I have
prepared.

> I only found out how to fix it by searching through /usr/doc.  I don't
> think I'm clueless or hysterical.

Of course not.  The clueless and hysterical never do.

> And task-kde is still broken, BTW.  kdetoys and kdegames still
> depend on liblcms.  I was told by the maintainer that everything
> is ok because "it's in incoming."  Well, it's been in incoming
> for 24 hours.  How does one go about getting stuff off of incoming?

If you're not a Debian developer, you don't.  Stuff in incoming hasn't had
its GPG signatures checked, and could potentially be malicious trojans.

Perhaps you're not properly equipped to be running the UNSTABLE version of
Debian.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |    The only way to get rid of a temptation
Debian GNU/Linux                |    is to yield to it.