Re: squid's async-io (was Re: Ancient squid and unattentive maintainer)

On 03-Nov-00, 10:48 (CST), Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 01:29:41PM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg
> wrote:
>
> > Well I turned it on because I'm running it on SMP machines. And
> > unfortunately there's no run-time tunable for async / no async
>
> Since SMP is the less common case, the default should probably be
> optimized for uniprocessor systems.

That depends. If turning async/io off causes errors on SMP systems, then
it should default on. If it's only a performance issue, then it probably
should default to better performance for the more common case.

sg
--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read