Re: debian-keyring, what's happened?

Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> writes:

> I can see how unmaintained accounts which are in groups that have
> some important permissions can be potentially harmful; but other
> than that inactivity of some members doesn't seem detrimental.

Well, you need to think about it then.  We don't recruit people, they
volunteer.  People are much less likely to volunteer for a team (which
does a lot of work) of 5 than a team of 2.

> It doesn't stop other members from contributing, in some cases, on
> the contrary, it can urge the other members to do more.

Err, so?  How is that a good thing?  Time is not some bottomless well
that people can just dip into and get however much they want you know.
If I have to do twice as much work on task foo, it's inevitable that
task bar will suffer.

> > o) This is the keyring we're talking about, it's not like I can just
> >    accept any developer who volunteers.
>
> Of all 550 developers, there must be someone that you can trust with such a
> responsibility and who are willing to volunteer.

a) it's nothing like 550 in the real world, and you know it, b) if
anything more than .5% of developers had actually volunteered to
help you might be halfway to having a point.

> BTW is he behind keyring-maint@d.o address, too?

No.

--
James

P.S.  You're wasting my time; if you want to carry this on, feel free,
just don't except me to reply, and _don't_ Cc me, okay?