Re: debian-keyring, what's happened?

"Norbert Veber" <nveber@primusolutions.net> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 12:43:12AM +0900, Takao KAWAMURA wrote:
> > > I'd like to replace my PGP key with new GPG key. I've send my new
> > > key to keyring-maint@debian.org and nothing yet. What's happened?
> >
> > I have a same trouble.  I'm waiting atiptoe for the mail from
> > April!
>
> I'd have to add another "me too", I have packages that I'd like to
> upload but cant because of this.

Oh, rubbish.  Just use your PGP key, FFS.

> If no one cares about the keyring, why dont we just stop signing the
> packages?

What an excellent suggestion!  I'll disable signature checking on
packages in dinstall immediately.

Look, it's very simple, a) things sometimes get missed (e.g. Takao
KAWAMURA's key, which I honestly thought was processed), and b) I have
to prioritise my time on Debian and replacing PGP keys with GPG keys
will from time to time to lose to things like DAMing new maintainers.
If you want to pester me privately or to keyring-maint@debian.org,
feel free, but whining on public lists with stupidity like "If no one
cares[...]" above is counter-productive _at best_.

Incidentally Piotr sent his key in on Oct 3rd.

--
James