Re: debian-keyring, what's happened?

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 12:44:08AM +0100, James Troup wrote:

> > > I have a same trouble.  I'm waiting atiptoe for the mail from
> > > April!
> >
> > I'd have to add another "me too", I have packages that I'd like to
> > upload but cant because of this.
>
> Oh, rubbish.  Just use your PGP key, FFS.

I no longer have the exact secret key that goes with the public key in the
debian keyring (id's were added/removed).  Is there a way for me to update
the pgp key on the key server the same way that gpg keys can be updated?
As far as I remember updated keys always had to be send to keyring-maint.

> > If no one cares about the keyring, why dont we just stop signing the
> > packages?
>
> What an excellent suggestion!  I'll disable signature checking on
> packages in dinstall immediately.
>
> Look, it's very simple, a) things sometimes get missed (e.g. Takao
> KAWAMURA's key, which I honestly thought was processed), and

I've sent a total of 3 messages to keyring-maint.  A simple reply of "I'm
busy, I'll get to it later" might have prevented this, but it seemed as if
keyring-main@debian.org was deserted (as I wasnt the only one receiving no
response to messages sent there).

> b) I have
> to prioritise my time on Debian and replacing PGP keys with GPG keys
> will from time to time to lose to things like DAMing new maintainers.
> If you want to pester me privately or to keyring-maint@debian.org,
> feel free, but whining on public lists with stupidity like "If no one
> cares[...]" above is counter-productive _at best_.

That comment was not directed at you, but debian developers in general, as
no one even commented or replied to any of the keyring emails to
debian-devel as if they were irrelevant..  Does no one else have access to
or any knowledge (or interest in) of the keyring maintanance process?

> Incidentally Piotr sent his key in on Oct 3rd.

Anyway, my offer to help still stands..