Re: maildrop in proposed-updates does not work, it can't create a dot-lock

On Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 07:02:57PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> I've just seen the same message again. I enabled maildrop in
> /etc/postfix/main.cf, by adding this:
>
> mailbox_command = /usr/bin/maildrop

But is this necessary to use it as normal user? I think it's not a good
behaviour. I'd like normal user could use maildrop even if root didn't
enable postfix options in a system wide way. I use it as normal user
with a pipe in ~/.forward to /usr/bin/maildrop and I think it should
works correctly. It's a possibility offered and documented in maildrop.

> Reloading postfix configuration (with /etc/init.d/postfix reload) was
> necessary to make maildrop work. Why does this happen?

Did you change postfix configuration without reload? :o

--
Christian Surchi   |   csurchi@debian.org   |   christian@firenze.linux.it
FLUG: http://www.firenze.linux.it | Debian GNU/Linux: http://www.debian.org