Re: why apt/dpkg not using bzip2

Ben Collins wrote:
> Still, documentation. Dpkg-source isn't friendly without documentation.
> Nothing is.

"Oh look, here's a tarball. Hm, and here is a patch that seems to apply
to it. Ok, I see a full source tree now and I'm on my way."

vs.

"Oh look, here's a tarball. Hm, and here is a patch that seems to apply
to it. But wait, why did that tarball include another tarball, and why
did that patch include what looks like other patches inside it? Double
patches? Ugh. What do I do from here? How do I apply all these patches
in the right order?"

--
see shy jo