Re: alternatives for MUA and NUA?

    Hamish> On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 09:16:38PM +1100, Brian May wrote:
    >> Programs like reportbug, netscape, err I mean Mozilla, etc,
    >> wouldn't have to be manually configured for a default MUA. Nor
    >> would these programs have to support every MUA on the
    >> planet. Have a look at /etc/reportbug.conf for a sample of what
    >> I am talking about.

    Hamish> I looked at that configuration file. It appeared to me
    Hamish> that there was enough info in there for reportbug just to
    Hamish> use /usr/sbin/sendmail to deliver it, rather than using an
    Hamish> MUA at all.

How do you "enter" a bug report using an MTA???

I think you mean you use an editor to edit it first, which IMHO is a
very primitive implementation of an MUA. ie, you can't edit the
message to add a 'X-Debbugs-CC' header, for instance. Nor can you add
MIME attachments either (not that the BTS really supports MIME
messages properly, but IMHO thats another bug).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>