Re: Help on Debian Project - Need Me?

Today, Jacob Kuntz <jpk@cape.com> wrote:
> does mozilla support SMILE? that's "syncronized multimedia event language",
> a W3 consortium stanard that tries to do much of what flash is capable of.

IIRC, only these programs officially support SMIL at the moment

Apple QuickTime 4.1
Compaq HPAS
Helio Barbizon
Microsoft Player Internet Explorer 5.5 Preview (supports selected
    modules of SMIL Boston draft)
NIST S2M2 Player
Oratrix Grins
Productivity Works L p player
RealNetworks Realplayer 7

None of them look DFSG-Free to me. Nonetheless, SMIL _is_ a nice tool
to produce something multimedia-ish. Hopefully, somebody writes a
DFSG-Free player in the near future -- but it won't be me, I don't
need it (-:

> not that the debian site NEEDS flash, but that's another debate.

Andreas Stefan Fuchs                             in Real Life aka
asf@acm.org, asfuchs@gmx.at, asf@ycom.at         in NNTP and SMTP,
antifuchs                                        in IRCNet and
Relf Herbstfresser, Male 1/2 Elf Priest          in AD&D