Re: Help on Debian Project - Need Me?

On Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 12:54:34AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >>"Ben" == Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:
>
>  Ben> Well, IMO, anything that goes on the Debian website better be
>  Ben> created by free software. No offense, but if I start seeing
>  Ben> "Made with Macromedia" or "Designed with Photoshop" on the
>  Ben> website, there will be hell to pay :)
>
> 	Conversly, if the output is pristine HTML, I see no reason to
>  refuse it.

Have you ever seen the header of a JPEG output from PhotoShop? It's full
of advert/copyright for the program that created it. A tell tale sign you
can get away from without some sort of strip program, which IMO is just
cheating.

Anyway, we shouldn't be using pure html for out webpages (which I think we
don't). I'm pretty sure our webpages are generated from a higher level
language.

Ben