Re: Intent To Split: netbase

This is only nominally on-topic, but I thought I'd note...

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 01:40:46AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>  difference, IMO, is that it one can (and people quite frequently do)
>  user chmod on files they own; ifconfig is far less likely to be sued
>  by the general user. (Offhad, I can;t see me useing chown, since one
>  needs permissions anyway for that).

    Chown becomes useful if you are a member of multiple groups, and
you want to reassign group ownership of a file you own from one group
to another.  I've used it this way on a number of occasions, and I
suspect I'm not the only one.

--
Zed Pobre <zed@debian.org> a.k.a. Zed Pobre <zed@resonant.org>
PGP key and fingerprint available on finger; encrypted mail welcomed.