Re: ITP: aewm, dagrab

    JH> Colin Walters wrote:
    >> I basically rely on Debian to have packaged all of the free
    >> software out there

    JH> I'm afraid debian must not be meeting your expections,
    JH> then. Especially as this is not one of irs goals.

Yes, but it would be nice if it was, wouldn't it? Then one could use
Debian as _the_ reference distribution; one could also conveniently
install the lot if one so wished. Let's not limit ourselves to something
second rate.

I know my grasp of Debian's complete history is not what it could be,
but was any provision made for th redesigning of Debian's goals? (This
is probably more a -policy issue.) I certainly don't think we should
remain steadfast to whatever was set out in 1994 or whenever.

[When I say that I do not mean that our philosophy/rationale should be
changed; rather, our goals and horizons should be expanded.]

Regards,

Edward.

--

Edward C. Lang   woot on various channels on irc.openprojects.net
edlang@pcug.org.au - Normal mail. Most stuff ends up here anyway.