Re: The fate of libc5

Hi Marcus,

On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 03:20:19PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

[...]

I agree fully to your email. Just one comment though:

> Those are very good reasons to remove libc5 and -compat packages from woody.
> We should however make an attempt at release time (woody+) and check if one
> can still install the old libc5 packages from potato, so people who need
> them can get them from archive.debian.org.

If "we" say that we want to check if they still install that will probably
fail since at time of woody release everybody will either have forgotten
about this or will not care anymore (I probably will fall into both
categories).

In case we really want this to be done we should ask the persons who actually
need libc5 for something to check that. Perhaps we should make a list of
who needs libc5 and agrees to help and mail them just before woody is
released.

Comments?

cu
    Torsten

PS: Thanks, Marcus, for your good work in maintaining libc5.

--
Torsten Landschoff           Bluehorn@IRC               <torsten@debian.org>
           Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Committee Member