Re: SECURITY PROBLEM: autofs [all versions]

On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 01:55:50PM -0400, Adam McKenna wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 09:28:03AM -0500, David Starner wrote:
> >
> > Then don't use exit 0. I'm not a Unix Guru, but it didn't take me that long
> > to come up with this for /etc/init.d/gdm last time I needed it.
>
> Ah, so you are suggesting that debian users roll their own init scripts
> whenever they have a stupid problem like this that debian doesn't want to
> fix?

I'm saying that Debian adminstrators who want to customize their system,
possibly because they disagree with how Debian does it, can modify the
init scripts. (I don't consider "copy/paste/change start to really-start
where nessecary" rolling my own init script.) That's the way Debian gives
you to change things, and all these whines about how hard it is are stupid.

And frankly, Debian is a big system with a lot of developers. There are
going to be things that you consider stupid or wrong that the developer(s)
in question disagree with, and most of them are going to stay that way.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http/ftp: x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu