Re: SECURITY PROBLEM: autofs [all versions]

David Starner wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 01:55:50PM -0400, Adam McKenna wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 09:28:03AM -0500, David Starner wrote:
> > >
> > > Then don't use exit 0. I'm not a Unix Guru, but it didn't take me that long
> > > to come up with this for /etc/init.d/gdm last time I needed it.
> >
> > Ah, so you are suggesting that debian users roll their own init scripts
> > whenever they have a stupid problem like this that debian doesn't want to
> > fix?
>
> I'm saying that Debian adminstrators who want to customize their system,
> possibly because they disagree with how Debian does it, can modify the
> init scripts. (I don't consider "copy/paste/change start to really-start
> where nessecary" rolling my own init script.) That's the way Debian gives
> you to change things, and all these whines about how hard it is are stupid.

I don't think that "redo it how you want to" is really a way that is
given to you - it's something that because of a lack of a better way,
forces you to chose.  I don't think anyone is complaining that it's too
hard - just that there has got to be a better way.  What that is, I
don't claim to know, but if it's to be discussed, it should be done so
under a different subject.  ;-)

Christopher