Re: Dissatisfied w/Debian? Make something 'pure'.

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 10:38:05PM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> I mean things like the whole non-cd and non-free debacle.  I think most of
> the people who want to change the DFSG know better than to propose such.
> Though a few people in this thousand message thread have hinted they would
> like such done.

[...]
> >    Complete log available on debian-private or on request.
> >
> > To Goerzen and Robinson - who is next?
>
> You have no idea what they're talking about.  Until such time as you do
> know, I advise not casting stones.  I don't even know what they're talking
> about (though I'm damned curious at this point..)

You claim that people (against the resolution) want to change the DFSG,
based on hints in this thread (which I've read every message of, and
haven't noticed). OTOH, he claims that people (for the resolution) want
to change the DFSG, based on a fairly clear quote (which he offer to
supply in greater depth), and you tell him he doesn't know what he's
talking about (which is interesting, considering you admit you don't
know whether he's right and haven't seen the evidence he has.)

I may be biased on the subject, but it looks to me that his evidence is
far better then yours, which seems to be totally unfounded. Speaking of
stones, I think there's a quote about people in glass houses . . .

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http/ftp: x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu