Re: Dissatisfied w/Debian? Make something 'pure'.

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 01:42:02PM +1000, Drake Diedrich wrote:
> > DFSG.  Several messages in this thread can be tied to developers who wish
> > to relax the DFSG so their favorite software can get into Debian.
>
>    You mean amend the DFSG to allow software to migrate from non-free to
> main?  Please support or withdraw this claim.

I mean things like the whole non-cd and non-free debacle.  I think most of
the people who want to change the DFSG know better than to propose such.
Though a few people in this thousand message thread have hinted they would
like such done.

> <Overfiend> CR: BTW, your proposal was very lousily timed, IMO.
> <CosmicRay> Overfiend: oh?
> <Overfiend> CR: it probably completely derails any chances of the planned 6
> +amendments to the DFSG that I told you about.  :(
> <CosmicRay> those are probably more important
>
> CosmicRay == John Goerzen, the proponent of the General Resolution
> Overfiend == Branden Robinson, one of the 5 sponsors
>
>    Complete log available on debian-private or on request.
>
> To Goerzen and Robinson - who is next?

You have no idea what they're talking about.  Until such time as you do
know, I advise not casting stones.  I don't even know what they're talking
about (though I'm damned curious at this point..)

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.