On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 03:05:06PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> David Starner <dvdeug@x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu> writes:
>
> > Any project, however righteous or true, cannot afford to abandon
> > pragmatism, for that's ultimately a losing proposition. Debian
> > may not be about numbers, but that's what it takes to keep Debian
> > running, that's what it takes for Debian (and Free Software) to
> > spread.
>
> Free Software would spread better if we did not go against our
> principles to spread non-free software.

I find it a hypocritical that a maintainer of a non-free
package is saying this. If your principles don't let you
spread non-free software, then follow them before lecturing
the rest of us.

Also, I'd like to see evidence for that. Do you think that
Debian will increase users due to dropping non-free? Do you
think that users who go to RedHat or SuSE or Caldera (home
of YAST (TM)) instead will better learn about free software?
Do you think that appearing totatlly inflexible and dogmatic
will help free software?

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http/ftp: x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu