David Starner <dvdeug@x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu> writes:

> > Geez, it takes 5 seconds to update sources.list.  What is so hard
> > about it?
>
> If there is a secondary source. If that secondary source is trustworthy.

If there really is such a HUGE demand for non-free as some people
would like us to believe, I'd find it hard to believe that such a
secondary source would not be in existance before the current one goes
away even.

> > Debian does not ship with Netscape.  Debian does not ship with JDK.
>
> Yes, but they're easily acessable. And probably on the CDs.

No.

> Any project, however righteous or true, cannot afford to abandon
> pragmatism, for that's ultimately a losing proposition. Debian
> may not be about numbers, but that's what it takes to keep Debian
> running, that's what it takes for Debian (and Free Software) to
> spread.

Free Software would spread better if we did not go against our
principles to spread non-free software.