On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 10:37:19PM -0700, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> > I cannot stand by and watch Debian be destroyed because too many
> > people are more interested in being successfully anti microsoft than
> > successfully pro free software.
>
> That's a straw man, I'm afraid.
>
> Personally, I believe: (1) that non-free will wither when it is no
> longer relevant, and (2) in the meantime, the users matter more than
> the pharisaical tithing of ftp server space.

It isn't about the ftp space.  The space reclaimed by throwing out
non-free is nominal--woody even without non-free will be larger than
potato with it.

The issue I see, the strongest issue, is that I have witnessed Debian
developers flat out saying that Debian distributes non-free software and
should expand these efforts rather than try to curtail them.  This sort of
thing from Debian DEVELOPERS who have all agreed to stand by the social
contract and DFSG is truly disheartening.

The defenders of the last truly free distribution want us to expand our
efforts to support non-free software and are miffed that someone wants to
do the opposite.  I didn't say that---THEY DID.  This is truly a sad time
to be a developer for this project.  And I fear things are getting worse,
not better.

<Mercury> Knghtbrd: I'd love to see support for xor crosshairs..
<Knghtbrd> Mercury: you're on quack.
<Mercury> Knghtbrd: You're the dealer... <G>
*** Knghtbrd is now known as QuackDealer