Re: General Resolution: Removing non-free, Draft 2

Adrian Bunk wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> > I have not heard a reason yet why it is technically better to offer
> > non-free software on Debian servers.
>
> There are two possibilities if Debian no longer offers non-free software
> on its servers:
>
> 1. Someone starts something like a ftp.nonfree.debian.org and he also
>    provides websites and a BTS. This means that nothing changes for the
>    user (except another line in the apt soures file), but some work has do
>    be made twice.

It is the MOST likely case. ( more like *.debian-for-all.org )
And guess what will happen then -- this Debian-For-All will support
BOTH free and nonfree software and > 60% of current Debian users
AND developers go to Debian-For-All. So do 99% newcomers.
And Debian as it is now simply dies.
(meibe to reincarnate when/if DFSG software rules the world)

How do YOU like this scenario?