Re: General Resolution: Removing non-free, Draft 2

> You would apparantly be surprised about how little is available for free
> from the local phone company.

Your mail origins from a shell account at loyola so shut up.

Having free access from university does not entitle you to think that the rest
of the world has one and can download the two CDs for free. That is you only.

That is besides how long does it actually take to download two CDs via a modem
line. To remind you most of the world even when paying outrageous phone bills
still gets no more than a dual ISDN at 128K. Usually no more than 64K. Go and
install debian over the net on that.

Please. Make my day, I would highly enjoy you coming back and reporting
statistics. Especially for a full apt-get for X. Especially for three
platforms (some people happen to have m68K and other old junk as well).

So most of us have to go and buy from local distributors/bundlers. Along with
non-US and non-free. And I would like that non-free to install properly.
Because if it does not it may cost me about the price of the full Suse CD set
along with a R00TH4T pitched in to sort out dependencies downloading from
obscure places.