Re: [rfc] New package idea with policy problems

roger@computer-surgery.co.uk (Roger Gammans) writes:

> But before I got round to asking if anyone is interested I
> noticed it got a _few_ problems with policy, like it
> modifies other packages config files, ...

A *program* that modifies other packages' conffiles does not violate
policy.  Policy requires only that the *package*, through its package
scripts (preinst, postinst, etc.), not modify the conffiles of other
packages.  Therefore, I'm not sure that you have a problem here.

- Brian