Re: General Resolution: Removing non-free, Draft 2

On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 08:19:51PM +0100, a loudmouth named Anton wrote:
> That is besides how long does it actually take to download two CDs via
> a modem line. To remind you most of the world even when paying
> outrageous phone bills still gets no more than a dual ISDN at 128K.
> Usually no more than 64K. Go and install debian over the net on that.
>
> Please. Make my day, I would highly enjoy you coming back and reporting
> statistics. Especially for a full apt-get for X. Especially for three
> platforms (some people happen to have m68K and other old junk as well).

I've been running debian from my home system for the last couple of
years with nothing more than a modem connection. Yes, it's slow, but it
can be done. Lose the hysteria, troll. You stil have no basis for
claiming that your personal situation is representative of the total
debian userbase, which is my gripe with your original post. I'm done
wasting time on this thread.

--
Mike Stone