Re: profile.d [was Re: UMASK 002 or 022?]

8.06.2000 pisze Brian Mays (brian@debian.org):

> > The only exception I see for this are the LC_* and LANG variables for
> > default system localization.

> Hmm ... Would this best be handled by a package?

No, no.

> Or would it be better handled by some sort of program that edits
> /etc/environment (or something similar) and sets these variables?  In
> that way, this program could list all possibilities at once and let
> the administrator choose from a menu.  Personally, I think that the
> program would be more convenient.

Of course, you are right. I wasn't clear; /etc/environment or similar
file is the best place for such global definitions.

regards,
Jubal

--
[ Miros/law L Baran, baran-at-knm-org-pl, neg IQ, cert AI ] [ 0101010 is ]
[ BOF2510053411, makabra.knm.org.pl/~baran/, alchemy pany ] [ The Answer ]

                          Equal bytes for women.