Re: profile.d [was Re: UMASK 002 or 022?]

8.06.2000 pisze Brian Mays (brian@debian.org):

> Packages should not *need* to set environment variables.  All
> applications in a package should work correctly, by default, without
> requiring *any* environment variables to be set.  Therefore, no
> package should need to set an environment variable.

The only exception I see for this are the LC_* and LANG variables for
default system localization.

Jubal

--
[ Miros/law L Baran, baran-at-knm-org-pl, neg IQ, cert AI ] [ 0101010 is ]
[ BOF2510053411, makabra.knm.org.pl/~baran/, alchemy pany ] [ The Answer ]

                        Save energy: be apathetic.