Re: Should we divide Debian to usable and unusable

Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> writes:

> I'm currently tempted to get my package "hatman" removed (perhaps that won't
> be possible due to the state of the freeze). It's a Pacman-clone game that
> runs under GGI (which makes it special enough, that's why I packaged it), it
> only has one game level included, upstream development crawls (although the
> author is responsive when it comes to fixing bugs I forward), and I have one
> report that it doesn't behave properly on Alpha. I'd appreciate opinions, if
> anyone cares...

Well, it serves as a quick pacman-fix, did not crash on me; so I see
no point in removing it. Still, one can play all that's there in 3
minutes. I think you should state in the description that the game
ends after one screen (FWIW, I don't know if ALL of the instructions
belong in the description). This allows users to decide beforehand
whether they want that or not.

Dunno if that can make it into deep-freeze, though.

--
Robbe