Re: Should we divide Debian to usable and unusable

Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> writes:

> We simply shouldn't let all the
> 0.0.0.1c6-prealpha-johnny-be-good-CVS20000604 versions get into
> stable. That's achieved by filing RC bugs -- they either get fixed,
> or packages get removed.

Indeed. Sami can file RC bugs against the packages he deems unusable.
I hope that version number is not the only criteria, though...

Still, by packaging unusable software, one probably makes the release
manager's life harder. It would be nice if developers marked (with RC
bugs?) their package as "test balloon, should not go into stable yet"
so that they are not even considered - that would pull the plug out of
"why is ... removed, it works for me" whines.

--
Robbe