Re: Splitting isdnutils & co. into non-X and X parts

On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 11:53:22AM +0200, Paul Slootman wrote:
> On Sat 29 Apr 2000, Roland Bauerschmidt wrote:
>
> > Yes, I think it was not Rene's request to build the isdnutils once with
> > X support and once without, but instead split the package. I cannot
> > remember the policy doesn't allow that. ;)
>
> Hi, the isdnutils maintainer here.
>
> The splitup of isdnutils _will_ happen for woody. I hope it's clear it
> can't happen for potato...
>
> - base:                 hisaxctrl, isdnctrl, iprofd, imon*
> - ipppd:                ipppd, ipppstats
> - X monitoring:         xmonisdn, xisdnload
> - isdnlog:              isdnlog, isdnrep, + the data files
> - vbox:                 answering machine stuff
> - active card support:  icnctrl, pcbitctrl, avmcapictrl, + firmware

wait a minute:
[19:13 kitchen]/usr/bin> ls -l xmo*
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        14976 Apr 18 17:54 xmonisdn*
[19:14 kitchen]/usr/bin> ls -l xisd*
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        13264 Apr 18 17:54 xisdnload*

A less than 30k package? I think we are trying to use a truck to
transmit a letter here. I have a simpler proposal:

Just drop the depency on xlib and make it recommend or suggest
xlib.

This is correct, because the package itself, does not
depend on xlib6g, only two minor provided utils.
--
Riku Voipio  	       |    riku.voipio@iki.fi         |
Poutamäentie 15 B 78   |    +358 50 3313498          --+--