Re: Splitting isdnutils & co. into non-X and X parts

Hallo,

On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 07:29:43PM +0300, Riku Voipio wrote:
> wait a minute:
> [19:13 kitchen]/usr/bin> ls -l xmo*
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        14976 Apr 18 17:54 xmonisdn*
> [19:14 kitchen]/usr/bin> ls -l xisd*
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        13264 Apr 18 17:54 xisdnload*
>
> A less than 30k package? I think we are trying to use a truck to
> transmit a letter here. I have a simpler proposal:
>
> Just drop the depency on xlib and make it recommend or suggest
> xlib.

This is not possible - if a user calls one of these
programs, (s)he will get the error message:

/usr/bin/xyz: error in loading shared libraries: libXyz1:

and (s)he will file a bug report!  I don't see any reason
not to have many small packages - it's ideal for people who
want to "streamline" their machine.

Cheers,
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>