Re: Splitting isdnutils & co. into non-X and X parts

On Sat 29 Apr 2000, Roland Bauerschmidt wrote:

> Yes, I think it was not Rene's request to build the isdnutils once with
> X support and once without, but instead split the package. I cannot
> remember the policy doesn't allow that. ;)

Hi, the isdnutils maintainer here.

The splitup of isdnutils _will_ happen for woody. I hope it's clear it
can't happen for potato...

The situation is that the upstream maintainers had discussed and decided
on splitting the upstream package, which made me happy as that would
simplify my work. However, I've been waiting for months now to see it
happen, and there's been zero activity on that front :-(

I'm a bit uncertain about how much time I'll have in the short term, as
I'm in between assignments for my day job at the moment, and may have to
drop everything to start a new assignment at any time. Once that's
settled a bit, I guess I'll take the initiative and do the (upstream)
split myself.

Tentative splitup idea:

- base:                 hisaxctrl, isdnctrl, iprofd, imon*
- ipppd:                ipppd, ipppstats
- X monitoring:         xmonisdn, xisdnload
- isdnlog:              isdnlog, isdnrep, + the data files
- vbox:                 answering machine stuff
- active card support:  icnctrl, pcbitctrl, avmcapictrl, + firmware

Other suggestions (for content and package names!) on an email postcard
please.

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/