Re: potato late, goals for woody (IMHO)

On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 01:27:56PM -0500, Steve Greenland wrote:

> We are not a company that needs to have a market. We are a group of
> people creating something that we care about.

Right, but if we want to improve our "product", we need people testing it,
so we must try to go towards users, more than now. And this is more
important when we have a very big distribution, like debian. A lot of bugs
comes out only after freeze, because many people (developers included),
passes from stable to frozen.

> What's forcing you is not Debian's release cycles, but the fact that
> Redhat and Suse have major marketing efforts that penetrate outside the
> Linux community.

Capillary diffusion of only commercial distribution is not a good thing, if
we don't actually make an elite product. We need users, I repeat.

bye
Christian

--
| Christian Surchi           | www.firenze.linux.it/~csurchi    | www. |