Re: potato late, goals for woody (IMHO)

* amiga and atari _were_ better then wintel
* debian _were_ better then ...

> that our goal is not to make a bunch of money.

i know this  :-)

> (Not that I believe Debian is only for the elite enlightened few. Yes,
> there are developer's who think that. There are also developers working
> their asses off to make Debian accessible to their grandmothers. And
> many more who are somewhere in between. Isn't that great?)

Yes, it is. We all do this.

> > For me as a linux trainer, it is a pain to be forced to use suse or redhat.
>
> What's forcing you is not Debian's release cycles, but the fact that

The release cycles is one point, because linuxcare, linuxland, netgod :-), ...
can make more PR with newer versions, sell more, the users know us better.

> Redhat and Suse have major marketing efforts that penetrate outside the
> Linux community.

Yes, they penetrate me, the managers, the grandmother, ...

 MfG,

   Hartmut