Re: ITP: Zope tutorial (plus overriding problems)

On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 12:33:57AM +0200 , Christian Leutloff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I´m going to package the Zope tutorial:

OK

> Source: zope-tutorial
> Package: zope-tutorial
> Depends: zope (>= 2.1.6)
> But I'm running into trouble:
>
> Selecting previously deselected package zope-tutorial.
> (Reading database ... 60763 files and directories currently installed.)
> Unpacking zope-tutorial (from zope-tutorial_1.0a5-1_all.deb) ...
> dpkg - warning, overriding problem because --force enabled:
>  trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/App/Product.py', which is also in package zope

[snip]

> It is intentionally that these files are overwriting the ones
> delivered with the original zope archive. How can I deal with this

Why do you want to do that? What's the difference between these python files
in zope and zope-tutorial? Can't you just leave them out?

> situation? May I ignore this odd behavior? It will be fixed when the
> needed changes are integrated into the next release of Zope (author of
> both Zope and the Tutorial is the same company).

Oh. So just do Replaces: zope (<=version which fixes it)

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

<Myth> the UNIX trademark has changed hands so much no one is quite sure who really owns it anymore