Re: Q: Will the new Lilo be included into potato?

Nils Rennebarth <nils@ipe.uni-stuttgart.de> writes:

> Noone prevents you from placing lilo's files on the existing windows
> partititon. Symlink /boot to /windows_partition_mountpoint/linux
> and that's it.

If your foreign-os-partition extends beyond the dreaded c1k you'll
have no guarantee that vmlinuz will not also end up there.

The cases where the existing partition is entirely before c1k, and
there is still not enough place between this partition and c1k for a
small /boot partition seem pretty few.

> Be cautios when defragmenting the Windows partition however.

I.e. boot from floppy/loadlin and call "lilo" after that.

--
Robbe