Re: Release-critical Bugreport for April 28, 2000

On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 11:56:35AM +0200, Peter Makholm <peter@makholm.net> was heard to say:
> I didn't pick random packages. I picked some packages that is
> useless in their present state (thats what release critical bug
> means). If the above packages isn't useless their bugs shouldn't have
> a release critical serverity.

  I saw gnomeicu on that list, which I use on a daily basis.  I assure you it
is not useless.  Both bugs were reported by the same person yesterday; I suspect
the maintainer hasn't gotten around to replying to them yet.  They look like
possibly a local misconfiguration (eg, bad stuff hanging out in /usr/local), as
I'd expect that to occur on my system as well, and..well..it doesn't.  (I don't
know what gnomeicu-client program he's talking about, as that file doesn't even
exist on my system, yet he has a strace that distinctly shows it being
executed--ie, argv[0] is gnomeicu-client)

  Daniel

--
Exhilaration is that feeling you get just after a great idea hits you,
and just before you realize what is wrong with it.