Re: Danger Will Robinson! Danger!

as i have always used and will be using in future tha unstable version
of Debian, i don't know about the problems in outdated software, but
many of my friends tend to complain that debian is outdated, and you
can't get all the Neat-O software for it, after i mention that they are
in unstable i can see theyr faces go white.

i can understand people want stable software, many of my friends have
moved to Linux just because _THE_ other OS is so unstable. and they
really don't want to use 'unstable' software even if it doesn't mean
any less stable software that is in stable.

so i second the vote for early 2.2r2, we should propably start realeasing
updates more often. even move to 2.2.r versioning, so it would be easier
for users to move to newer software, without loosing the stability =)

this didn't work on 2.1 -> 2.2 because of glibc, every developer would
have been forced to double compile all packages.. other for slink and
other for unstable. hopefully this time we wont have such radical changes
on woody.

OR the other choice would be to use the package pool thingy. i'm still
not sure how it will work, but it might have an alternative for this.

--
get a life, get the second one free...