Re: 6 days till Bug Horizon

On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 07:51:13PM -0500, Michael Stone wrote:
> No, all of those questions should be asked. If the program is fairly
> unstable in its current state and is updated frequently, I don't see any
> reason to put it into stable so an old buggy release can be enshrined
> for the next year. It will still be available in unstable, and the
> version there should be kept much more up to date.

And for gnome-napster will possibly drag 60 MB with it, depending
on your system. (possibly libc6, libgtk, libglib, definetly
gnome-libraries, probably gnome-core, and everything depending on it.)

> Getting packages removed from debian has
> historically proven much more difficult than getting them in.

I'm curious: why do you say that? From what I've seen, an email
to bugs.debian.org on ftp.debian.org usually suffices.

> So what's
> the problem with taking a minute to ask if a particular piece of
> software is ready to be put into a distribution we're presenting to our
> users as a stable, mature operating system?

We're also presenting it as being one of the most featureful
distributions. I think it's better to support a program with
problems then not support users who need it.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
Only a nerd would worry about wrong parentheses with